Skincare


Throughout my life, I have tried too many skincare products to count! Whenever there was a recommendation on a new skincare product, my mom would buy it for me to try.  Although I am so grateful for that, I still have not yet found the holy grail for my skin.  Many conventional creams, such as Aveeno, Ceravae, and Galaxal Base are all water-based that are marketed towards protecting the moisture barrier to the skin.  I’ve tried them all and while some did help, over time, my skin still had its bad days.  As I grew older, I realized that some of those creams had preservatives and other ingredients in them that may not be so great for our bodies (you can check out the EWG's rating for your skincare products HERE).  Therefore, I went the more natural route.  I tried shea butter, castor oil, and other oil-based moisturizers that were good for the skin.  Again, nothing really solved my itchy and red skin.  Lately, I read about the benefits of rose hip oil, so I decided to give it a try.  The one I'm using is from the brand Sukin and I’ve been applying to my face after I shower at night.  There hasn’t been any noticeable changes, but I will continue to use it since it’s not aggravating my skin.

I’ve also been experimenting on making my own creams...will blog about that at a later time as I am just starting out!

*Check out my page 'Products I Use' to see what I'm currently using.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting in some Movement

My 3 Day Water Fast

Welcome!