Benefits of Gelatin

Gelatin and gelatin-rich foods are great for eczema.  It helps soothe our gut and contains collagen, which is great for our hair, nails, and skin.  In the winter, I love making bone broths and drink the gelatin and collagen rich goodness it provides.  I recently started looking into gelatin powders, giving me faster access to gelatin than bone broths.  I’ve already incorporated collagen powder in my smoothies, so adding gelatin too will give me an extra boost!  Also, I realized that you can add gelatin to virtually any liquid and it will gel in the fridge, making it like jello!  I tried making some gummies out of Young Living's popular Ning Xia Red, and got some delicious antioxidant rich gummies.  I also made some chrysanthemum flower and goji berry jelly and loved the coolness it provided in these hotter months.  I can't wait to experiment more with this and create more jellies to eat, while reaping the benefits that gelatin provides!  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting in some Movement

My 3 Day Water Fast

Welcome!