Essential Oils


I was first introduced to Young Living's essential oils through a soap/cream making workshop.  Before that, I've only heard about them at holistic wellness presentations.  There are many benefits of essential oils, and each one has special healing properties.  I was most interested in learning more about the ones that help eczema.  I got the basic starter kit and started using the lavender and frankincense oils in my skincare, as they help lower inflammation and redness on the skin.  Other than using them topically, I also started diffusing some oils to help with relaxation and purify the air.  I use the lemon and peppermint oils for a boost of energy and my favourite oil blend is one called 'Thieves'.  This blend is a mixture of clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary and makes my house feel clean and warm. 



Essential oils can also be used in the laundry!  All of my laundry detergents are for sensitive skin and have no scent.  I tried adding a few drops of lemon essential oil to freshen up my load and there was still a really faint smell after the cycle finished.  Some people put tea tree oil in their laundry for its disinfectant properties.  However, I read that if you use hot water to wash your clothes, it may also wash away the essential oil...so I'll probably use it when I wash with warm/cold water.

What's your favourite essential oil? 🤗

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting in some Movement

My 3 Day Water Fast

Welcome!