Scratching at Night



My skin has not been very good lately and although I can somewhat manage it throughout the day, every night seems like a battle.  From the minute I turn off the lights and lie in bed, I can feel myself wanting to scratch at my skin.  I usually am able to fall asleep without doing too much damage.  However, I've been finding myself waking up multiple times a night scratching and by the time I am fully conscious, I have to deal with the bloody, wet aftermath.  I've tried many things, including wearing gloves and wrapping my hands in my sleep.  It is uncomfortable and I usually end up tearing them all off by the time morning hits.  You think I'd get better at it than when I was a kid...but I guess I need more self-control?  I can't seem to think of a way to keep my hands from scratching at my skin during the night...some days, I feel like I should just drug myself so that I will sleep through the night!  Joking, not joking? 😜 if you have any ideas feel free to message me or leave a comment!  I'm always on the hunt for something that works and will definitely share any new ideas I have!

Throughout the day, I sometimes use a fidget spinner to keep my hands occupied.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting in some Movement

My 3 Day Water Fast

Welcome!